Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day off

After several weeks of greyness and rain, the sun is out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the warm temperatures stay until the end of September.

Tuesdays are when the nanny takes her day off and I'm left alone to do as I please. It's when I blog or read or have lunch out alone with just my book to keep me company.

Today, I'm thinking of just staying home, sitting in the sun and catching up on some reading but before I do that, I wanted to post this tried-and-tested recipe. It's such a favorite at home that we always have a few dozen in the deep freeze. They're easy to make and perfect for an appetizer plus it's a hit with everone who has tried them.

Pork Spring rolls (makes about 4 dozen)

  • 500 gr. ground pork
  • 3 minced spring onions (white part only)
  • 2 minced carrots
  • 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
  • Freshly-ground black pepper
  • 1 pack Spring Roll square sheets (about 20)
  • Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
  • Place about a teaspoon of the filling on the spring roll sheet and roll gently. (It should look like a thin, long cigar).
  • Trim off the edges with kitchen scissors then cut the roll into 3.
  • These can be placed in a container and frozen for one month.
  • Deep-fry from frozen for a few minutes until golden brown.
  • Serve with Thai sweet-chili sauce or plum sauce.

No comments: