Saturday, October 20, 2007

MAGNA CAFE


On a recent Thursday, I was attended a mum's lunch at the Magna Café in the Magna Marbella Golf Club in Nueva Andalucia. I had heard about this restaurant before and was eager to try it.

Getting there is really easy, if you've already been, which was not the case for me. I printed out the map from their website and tried to follow the instructions but ended up in the wrong place near the industrial area which prompted me to contact the restaurant and ask for directions. The person who spoke to me on the phone tried to explain how to get there and I couldn't understand where he wanted me to go so he offered to drive down the hill and meet me at the first roundabout so I could follow him up to the restaurant. Now that's what I call service!

Our group was already seated at a table on the terrace when I arrived. We set about ordering from the menu. There were six of us for lunch and we decided to do two small courses so we ordered a starter and smaller portions of pasta for our main course.

I chose the salmon and tuna carpaccio along with three others while one had the Penne Arrabiata and another opted not to have a starter. For our main courses, there was a goat cheese salad, three half portions of Ricotta and spinach ravioli, a half portion of shellfish risotto and the Dover sole Meuniere. We also had a bottle of house white to accompany our meal.
The food was good, the service efficient, the prices correct and the atmosphere overlooking the golf course and the rest of Nueva Andalucia was pleasant. It's an excellent place for a simple casual lunch. I'm looking forward to going back and trying some more dishes from their extensive menu.
__________________
Magna Café
Magna Marbella Golf
Calderón de la Barca s/n
29660 Nueva Andalucia
Marbella
Tel: +34 952 92 95 78

No comments: