Friday, September 05, 2008

Organic Fruit and Vegetable Box

The box from The Organic Food Ferry

I finally received my first delivery from the Organic Food Ferry on Wednesday and the box came with assorted organic fruits and vegetables - corn, carrots, tomatoes, arugula, cilantro, aubergine, zucchini, onions, potatoes, sweet potatoes, avocados, red and green peppers, apples, bananas, plums and a mango. We had some of the corn for dinner along with the red peppers roasted in the oven. I'm planning to use the aubergine in a Thai green chicken curry and maybe make some sweet potato fries as well.

The box from Antonio's Organic Farm

Today, on the way home, I decided to drop by another address very close to where we live where there is supposed to be an organic farm - Antonio's Farm (Tel: 952 88 72 79). I was given the number by my hairdresser who in turn got it from another client of his. I was curious to see what fruits and vegetables he would have in his farm. My son and I dropped by and Antonio took us to see his farm. Of course, I couldn't resist and bought another box of assorted stuff - freshly-picked green and purple leafy lettuce, baby leeks, basil, parsley and arugula. He also had some other fruits and vegetables in his little stand and we bought some sweet grapes, a small watermelon, bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, fresh garlic, lemons, red peppers and carrots. I also couldn't resist a bottle of unfiltered extra-virgin olive oil from Bio-Sierra de Yeguas from Ronda. For lunch today, we're going to have pork chops along with an organic salad of avocados, red onions, tomatoes and basil. This is a great way to include fruits and vegetables in every meal. It's surprise box of goodies that arrives every week to inspire you to cook something new.

No comments: