Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day Brunch

Christmas morning started early with our son jumping out of bed to see what Santa had left for him by the chimney. Slowly, we all got out of bed and relaxed in pajamas having coffee before we all changed and prepared our Christmas brunch. The table was laid with a cheery-yellow tablecloth that my mom and I purchased years ago in Provence, and a smorgasbord of our favorite brunch dishes - fluffy buttermilk pancakes with crispy bacon and warm maple syrup, smoked salmon with capers, red onions and blinis, creamy scrambled eggs with smashed potatoes (my creation - potatoes that are boiled then smashed with a fork while still hot and roasted) plus a large salad of mixed greens with avocados and lots of illy cappuccinos and freshly-squeezed orange juice. The rest of the day was spent getting Santa's gift to work and loading up my new iPod nano. I can't believe that in a few days 2008 will be over - where did the year go?

No comments: