Monday, March 30, 2009

Salade Nicoise

Rain was scheduled for the weekend and we woke up to an overcast Saturday morning which then turned sunny. Lunch was supposed to be grilled Tuna Nicoise so I started to prepare all the vegetables - boiled new potatoes, boiled green beans, soft-centred boiled eggs, split cherry tomatoes (because that's what I had), roasted red peppers (leftovers from the fridge) and the basil and shallot dressing. Then, I got the grill ready. Five minutes after the charcoal had lit up, it started to drizzle - what to do? Well, I pulled out the awning and rolled the grill in the shade then went ahead with the plan and grilled the tuna steaks as quickly as I could before it started to pour. As soon as the tuna was done, which was in less than ten minutes, we sat down to lunch and while we enjoyed our Salade Nicoise, the sun came out again. Spring is definitely here.

2 comments:

The Cooking Ninja said...

I love salade nicoise :) Haven't had it for long time.

Gourmet Traveller said...

Well, now's the time to have it. Saw your Brioche - looked really yummy!

G.T.