Tuesday, May 04, 2010

KUDETA

On my mom's last Friday in Bali, I finally convinced her to leave the comfort and luxury of the hotel to venture out into hip and happening Seminyak.  After doing the (very) early school run, we headed off to the other part of the island and went straight to KuDeTa for breakfast.  We chose a table right in front of the beach, almost touching the sand, so we could enjoy the view watch the people walk by - early surfers, dog walkers, yoga stretchers and a few lounging around getting ready for a long day of sun worship.

We settled into our front-row seats and had a look at the menu.  Lots of breakfast dishes available plus an extensive kids menu selection as well.  After placing our orders, we relaxed and watched the beach start to get busy.  Our fresh juices were served along with our cappuccinos then the food came soon after - a corn and zucchini fritters with slices of corned beef for me.  From the set breakfasts, scrambled eggs, bacon and baked beans for my mom and sausages and eggs from the kid's menu for C.  We were having such a good time sitting there and just chilling out that we decided to stay a bit longer while C went for a little run around the garden.  My mom and I sat and chatted and had our second cappuccinos until it was almost 10:30 a.m. and time for us to walk around Seminyak a bit and get some shopping done.

KuDeTa is probably the best breakfast place I've ever been to - the setting is amazing and the food is pretty good too.  Yes, it is pricey for Bali but it's worth it.  I think it's even better for breakfast than for dinner.  I hear that on Sundays they have an excellent brunch menu and lots of activities for the children so it's already on my to-go list for one of the coming weekends.
_________________________________
KuDeTa
Jalan Oberoi

Kuta, Bali
+62 (0)36 173 6969
Open daily for breakfast from 8:00 to noon, On Sundays from 8:00 to 13:00

No comments: