Friday, July 27, 2007

My Birthday


Tomorrow is my birthday and to celebrate, I'm having dinner tonight with my husband and friends, K & O, F, and T at restaurant Calima, in Marbella's Hotel Melia Don Pepe. Before leaving for dinner we sat in our terrace at dusk and had Moet et Chandon brought by K & O and blinis and Russian Sevruga caviar hand-carried from Moscow by F. We had the caviar with lemon wedges, creme fraiche, chopped egg white and egg yolk. I have to say though that a mouthful of plain caviar on a mother-of-pearl spoon is perfection with the salty pearls bursting on the tongue. The flavor reminded T and myself of our Moscow life ten years ago.
This was the best way to toast the eve of my 37th year - with family and dear friends enjoying champagne and caviar. What more can a girl ask for?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Caviar and champagne...how perfect :) When I saw the caviar it reminded me of Beluga Bar...what memories! :)

Gourmet Traveller said...

Thanks Joey! I guess you can say that I've always been a "beluga babe"...I still miss it and the fun we all had there.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I love caviar :) Lucky girl! ;)

Gourmet Traveller said...

Thanks Cooking Ninja! I love caviar too but haven't had any recently so this surprise gift from my friend really hit the spot.