Monday, May 20, 2013

APARTMENT 1B


Apartment 1B became my favorite breakfast place while I was back in Manila.  It was a short walk away from my mom's place and served a proper breakfast, good coffee and fresh orange juice.  I must have breakfasted there five times in the short week I was visiting.  I had heard about the original Apartment 1B in Salcedo village but never got the chance to try it and luckily, they had just opened a branch in One Rockwell.  The restaurant is a bright modern space furnished with wood tables and a charming collection of mismatched chairs.  Service is friendly yet efficient.  They even have a buzzer on every table to call the waitstaff with 2 buttons - call and bill - which worked quite well. 

Breakfast is served all day (from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) and the menu has all the classics - Eggs Benedict, with ham or spinach, buttermilk pancakes, French toast, bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon, assorted egg dishes, oatmeal and even a croque madame. (What they don't have is Filipino breakfasts which is a treat since every other breakfast joint already serves that).  They have Vittoria coffee from Australia, freshly-squeezed fruit juices and lots of breakfast sides.  Their lunch and dinner menu look good too but I didn't get to try it this time.  If only I lived in Manila, I would be at Apartment 1B every weekend for brunch not just for the good food and great service, but because this is exactly the kind of place that I look for every time we move and rarely find.

_______________________________
Apartment 1B
Ground Floor, One Rockwell East
Rockwell Center, Makati

No comments: