Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Paris, here we come

Just received some books from Amazon and among them is the new book from famous blogger, Clotilde Dusoulier of Chocolate and Zucchini. It's a very useful food guide to Paris and lists many smaller, not so famous restaurants in each arrondissement which is perfect as we're off to Paris again in the middle of June for a few days. There are also other food-related listings (boulangeries, patisseries, fromageries, wine shops, markets etc.) which will prove very useful guide for any foodie preparing to go to Paris.

My husband will be there for one night for business before heading off to London and Brussels while I stay for two more nights with a good friend, Daria, who just moved there a few months ago. Luckily, she lives in the 5th arrondissement and is a block away from the bustling market on Rue Monge and cult boulanger Eric Kayser so we'll have a lot of gourmet escapades within walking distance. On my list to try on this trip is the always-packed Le Comptoir du Relais of Chef Yves Camdeborde plus one of Christian Constant's restaurants . The problem with going to Paris is there are so many wonderful restaurants to try that narrowing down my final list is going to be difficult.

2 comments:

Chinot said...

I'm so envious. I haven't been to Paris in ages. I think we should organise to meet up there for a girly weekend one day...

Gourmet Traveller said...

We should definitely do that....let's plan it for next year after the baby when I'll REALLY need a break.